Sunday, January 29, 2017

I See the Stars

We’ve had another wonderful day of celebration here in Mbale.  We spent the day at Ebenezer Baptist Church, worshiping and praising God with His people.  We are a world away from the beautifully renovated sanctuary of First Baptist Newnan, and yet we encounter our Lord in such a different and exciting service.  All of Ebenezer’s choirs led us in a time of singing, members shared personal testimonies of the work God is doing in their lives, and Pastor Mike preached a message of salvation and friendship with Jesus.  As we stood to sing How Great Thou Art, I looked up and saw them.  As the words “I see the stars” came out of my mouth, I realized what they were--dozens of gold stars strung up as a decoration in our beautiful tent church, made from plastic drinking straws stapled together and painted gold.  Frugal and humble in their design, but no doubt cherished by the Heavenly Father for whom they were made to honor.  Many times I get so caught up the daily tasks and movement of life, I fail to recognize the ‘stars’ all around me.  Let me not forget to take all my pain, my concerns, and my problems to the Lord in prayer and He will bear my burdens.  Then I will be free to offer up stars of my own to praise Him, for He is good.  I am so thankful for this loving and gentle reminder.  At the end of the service, we sang No, Not One.  The chorus says, “Jesus knows all about our struggles.  He will guide till the day is done.  There’s not a friend like the lowly Jesus, No not one.  No not one.”  This is the testimony of Ebenezer.  This is the testimony my heart.  Is it yours?  Do you see the stars?


PS.  Today we had an incredible rain storm and the dust has been washed away!  Praise God!










No comments:

Post a Comment