Monday, July 24, 2017

Just one

This morning our team hit the ground running—in 4 different directions!  The group from Southwest Baptist traveled to a different village where they had been on previous trips to minister and visit with the people there.  Some of those left behind in Mbale visited local schools.  Warren, Joy, John Hayden and Mary Joy also went out from the church to pay respects to their sponsor child on the death of her father.  Everyone experienced something unique.  For me today was about being in the moment.  I didn’t really stop to take many photos. 

As I sat down to begin working on tonight’s blog post, I felt a bit disappointed with my pictures from today.  While scrolling through the photos, I texted Warren to admit I was struggling.  Then my heart stopped at this one.  I don’t even want to describe or put words to it, just let you soak it in the way that I did. 


Praise God for this beautiful country and its beautiful people.  Praise God for the hands and feet bringing the Good News to this weary land.  Praise God for the love that He has for us and for the love that He has given us for one another.  Praise God that He would have a lowly sinner like me to come along side and serve with such incredible people of faith.  




P.S.  Tomorrow Mission Mbale will have an in-country board meeting with no time for late night blogging, so my post will be all pictures! 

No comments:

Post a Comment