Thursday, July 25, 2019

Just the Right Moment

The only thing more difficult than explaining the last day of our trip in a few words may be choosing one picture to go with the summary, but I'll do my best.  The last day is always hard--your heart is so full of love but saying goodbye is bittersweet, even when you know it is just 'bye for now.'  As we walked through Namatala this morning, we greeted those who were out and about, holding hands with children and taking photos along the way.  Through an alley way I caught the eye of a baby girl and tried to get the perfect artistic shot.  I only had a moment as we continued to move down the dirt path, and just when I was about to complain for missing my photographic opportunity, another young girl came bounding into view from behind a home.  She stopped and smiled, posing for my camera under dripping wet clothes hung out on a line, and then she was gone again.  So many other incredible events occurred today, but I just kept thinking of that precious girl.  God continues to reveal His sovereignty through the people of Ebenezer and Mission Mbale.  At just the right moment, He has provided for our every need, according to His plan and all for His glory.  Thank you for standing with us.  Tomorrow we begin the journey back to the US, but with every visit, we leave more of ourselves behind, here in this beautiful place.

No comments:

Post a Comment