Saturday, February 9, 2019

STILLNESS--CURSE OR CALLING?

"This is what the Sovereign Lord, the Holy One of Israel, says: 'ONLY in returning to me and resting in me will you be saved. In quietness and and confidence is your strength...BUT YOU WOULD HAVE NONE OF IT!" Isaiah 30:15 NLT

As I wander my way through the forth week of being immersed in the culture of my Ugandan family, it has been good...VERY GOOD!!


I sit here among a maze of tree trunks writing this post and relishing what God has taught me here. No, I'm not sitting in the stillness of a cool mountain forest with the gentle breezes carrying away every care... I'm sitting in the middle of the unfinished shell of Ebenezer Baptist Church in Mbale, Uganda amongst the sea of cris-crossed tree trunks placed there to support the forms for the concrete slab which is to be the roof...a slab that was supposed to be finished almost a month ago.

I hear your thoughts now..."But Warren, I thought you said things were VERY GOOD!" AND I DID!!☺️

You see, God chose to use a series of circumstances to bring a halt to my "best laid plans" in order for me to be quiet before Him but I "would have none of it!"

My question for you on this Saturday morning..."What is God doing, or going to have to do in your life to cause you to embrace stillness?"

God says stillness is a gift He desires to bless His children with... Our rat-race culture has been deceived by the enemy into believing that stillness is a curse!

Choose you this day whom you will serve, but as for me and my house...We will serve the Lord!

"Be still and know that I am God"

From the stillness of an unfinished church building in Uganda... PEACE♥️

No comments:

Post a Comment