Sunday, July 24, 2016

Sunday, July 24th - Thus Far The Lord Has Brought Us



Today was incredible.  At the risk of sounding cliché, I think it’s safe to say that worship has forever changed for me.  Today I sang, I shouted, I clapped, I danced, I held babies, and I witnessed pure, honest joy in the Lord.  The people of Ebenezer are a family that has learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need.  As Paul wrote in Philippians, that secret is rejoicing, it’s worship of a Heavenly Father that provides for our every need.  And oh, how we worshiped Him today in spirit and truth!  We heard from the adult choir, the children's choir, the youth choir, soloists, those sharing testimony, we dedicated children to the Lord, we heard a great message from Pastor Ken, and we all praised God together for several hours.  Ebenezer's adult choir wore matching purple shirts with a verse from 1 Samuel printed on the back, referring to the altar stone set up by Samuel which he named 'Ebenezer'.  The shirts say, “Thus far the Lord has brought us.”  Indeed, today was a wonderful celebration of thanksgiving for what God has done, along with excitement as we prepare for this week’s crusade.  This church family has offered themselves completely as sacrifices to the calling of God.  I feel so honored to celebrate and serve with them.  At the end of the day, I caught a glimpse of the sunset just above the clothesline.  At least a dozen or so purple shirts hung there, now clean and drying before they’ll be needed at the next worship service.  The simplest, humblest of scenes back-dropped by a glorious, brilliant light, and the Lord whispered the old hymn to me…'Here I raise my Ebenezer, Here by Thy great help I’ve come…'

Sherri












No comments:

Post a Comment