Sunday, July 22, 2018

Precious Jesus, I am ready...

Wow wow wow! What an amazing Sunday of worship we have had in Mbale.  We spent the day in the house of the Lord, praising and dancing, praying and studying God's word together.  We heard from all the choirs of Ebenezer, and we were astounded by the way they led worship with excellence--in Spirit and Truth.  Members of our team served along side the church leaders in teaching, preaching and song.  The day was full of so many blessings.

For me, the best part of the day was a special baptism service that was held at First Baptist Mbale.  Around 25 new members of Ebenezer came forward to be baptized.  Before the baptisms began, the choir led in a time of praise and worship.  They began singing a song in the local language, and I watched the countenance on their faces glow with the loveliness of God's grace.  I listened, hopeful that they would--and they did--sing the next verse in English.  "Precious Jesus, I am ready to give you everything..."  In my heart, I sunk to my knees, listening and watching these beautiful people having so little of the things of this world sweetly singing to their Savior that they are ready to give it all to Him.  Everything they have.  Everything they are.  It's all His now.

There were so many amazing photos from today that I could share, but I decided just to share one single picture.  It is a photo of the baptism of a young girl named Hope.  I think her face says it all.  Precious Jesus, I am ready...



 

No comments:

Post a Comment